My sweet little birthday girl right after she woke up.
She loves the earings. I had a hard time getting a good picture in the morning because she didn't want to hold still. During the day we were pretty relaxed and didn't do too much. Josh got off work a little early and we went to our County Fair.
They had a little zoo area with some cool animals. This Zebra, some monkeys (I can't remember what kind, I was feeding James while they did this), kangaroos, and some others I can't remember.
And this camel, that almost stepped on Stella a couple of times. She loved petting it and keeps talking about camels now. Animals make so much more sense to kids once they get to see them.
Looking at some of the many fish. She wore her birthday dress from Grandma Cox all day and the sash for most of it. The crown just wouldn't stay on very well. Very cute though.
Random, but I love Bobcats and they had a bunch for a display.
The birthday princess posing just before opening presents.
She kept shaking her head to feel the dangly earings. It was so funny!Stella had the candles blow out before we finished singing happy birthday. It was pretty funny. We didn't re-light them since she didn't know the difference anyway.
Right after she licked the candles. Yum!
This is good stuff! Mini brownie cupcakes.
Stella's friend Justin and his mom Alicia
Everett
Tristan
Tristan and Everett really wanted to help Stella open her presents. It was pretty funny.
I think this was the first time Stella has actually been possessive of something. She really has never cared before. I guess all this attention is getting to her. Funny that I got it on camera.
All the boys on our homemade slip'n'slide. I couldn't find any in the stores, so I bought some plastic and ran the sprinkler down it. The kids loved to run down on it and occasionally slip. They would run down this, then run and, in the case of the two bigger boys, dive face first into the pool. Stella took a more dainty approach to climbing into the pool because she hates getting water in her face.
Three silly kids after jumping into the pool!It was a fun little party and the kids loved playing in the water. Nothing like some water fun on a hot summer day!
15 comments:
Stella has so much hair! She looks so grown up. How fun, looks like a fun day. Can you believe she is 2? time goes by so fast.
It looks like it was a really great day! Happy Birthday Stella! Hope you had fun...
She is so old!! I can't believe it. She is a really cute girl!
wow stella is so big! I love her cute hair. It looks like you had a lot more animals at your fair than we did at ours.
It was a fun birthday party. Stella had a great day. I wish we had taken a picture of Stella sliding on the slip and slide. She made me laugh because she slipped on the slide easily and really slide a ways. I am glad that I could be there. I love your backyard. It is fun for little children. The boys were good friends to Stella.
James is definitely a wonderful baby. If he keeps eating like that he will grow and change in two months again. So keep the pictures coming so we can see the change in his little life. Stella keep trying to be a kind a big sister. It is not easy at first.
Love,
Grammy Staley
I only saw boys at the birthday girl's celebrating... I hope that's not a pattern for life! ;-]What a fun day, what great memories for all of you, what perfect weather to carry it off! We love you, two-year old Princess Stella!
Hugs, Yomama/Bappa/Gamma
She looks like a little girl. I think she was fully aware of what was going on too.
By the way, cute hair AJ!!
She looked thrilled to be the girly center of attention! We're glad you have time to do some fun things; James must be a super-baby! He is very sweet in the blessing pics too. Do you like your sling? They are useful for certain moments, but it gets so hot here, I've used mine less w/ David.
happy birthday, stella! those cupcakes look soooo good! maybe I should make leif make me some right now. :)
also, looks like james had a nice blessing day--neat that your fam got to be there! how's life with two? hope you're feeling well.
Happy Birthday Stella-Bella!! Sorry we missed it. We were on vacation and recooping from Christian's injury. Glad you guys had fun.
Love ya tons-
Shawn
She has bangs??!?! They are SO cute! And she looks like she's having a blast! And I love your hair too! And Japes is his daddy's little boy (that picture where you're holding him up looks so much like Josh)! And I sure miss you guys! Oh, and I LOVE that you got to sit in a bobcat - your life wish :D.
It has been a while since I have been on your blog...and so much has happened! Congrat's on your new little boy. He is absolutely precious! And I can't believe how big Stella is getting. Crazy how time flies. Glad you guys are doing well.
I can't believe Stella is two already! What a big girl!!
Stella is such a cute littl girl. She actually reminds me of what our cuz Debbie probably looked like growing up. It took a while to figure out your address, do you have two blogs? Everytime I'd open up a comment it would go to bismark friends and then some random person's blog.
Wow, Stella looks so grown up. I love the birthday princess attire. How adorable. I hope you are doing well!
That's my girl!!!
Post a Comment