Thursday, June 05, 2008
Baby most likely coming some time this weekend....
So I just got back from my doctor's appointment and had good news! I was very worried that I would get there and I wouldn't be dilated at all or not very much. Apparently though, all this soreness and tiredness has been doing some good. According to the doctor, I am dilated to 4 cm, and about 60% effaced. Woohoo! If this was my first pregnancy, they would probably call that real labor, but for me, it just means we are on the way. This doctor is teaming up with my regular doctor as the Chief resident in the Family Practice here at Mayo, so it may not be as accurate since he doesn't have quite as much experience. He is very good though, and my doctor (who is over all the family practice residents here) trusts him and thinks he is really good. The funniest part is that my regular doctor is out of town for a couple of days, and my "resident" doctor is going to St. Paul for the evening. So if I have the baby before 10'o'clock tonight (okay, probably not likely) I won't have either of my doctors there. Anyway, I hope I haven't psyched myself up for nothing, but most likely, the baby is coming sometime this weekend! Woohoo! I am so ready to be done being pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i remeber those doctor visits...but mine always turned out with nothing happening, other than me looking completely exhausted and ready to be done (which works because they induced me with william!)
anyway, i am sooo excited for you! you'll finally be finished...with the pregnancy at least! :)
good luck!
Yeah! I hope you have your little baby this weekend. Are you having any contractions?
YAY!!!!!! Oh, I'm so excited! Make sure you call me! :) Love you AJ! It'll be great!
Good luck and I hope it happens soon (I am sure you hope this more than me). Anyhow I am excited for both of you. We'll pray that everything goes well and that the baby is healthy.
Good luck to you I hope all goes well! i can't waite to see pictures of the new baby!
oh I'm so happy for you that he came! Everyone keeps telling me that just because I'm dialating that doesn't mean anything... so thanks for giving me hope:)
Post a Comment