Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some explanation for the name poll.

When I had the idea for this poll I didn't realize it was going to be such a long list. Josh and I don't agree on very many names and I didn't think we had that many. This was a very comprehensive list of all the names I had liked from looking through some books lately and all the ones that Josh had made a list of/said he liked lately. Anyway, many of them are names that I like and he doesn't, and many are names that he likes and I don't. So I was just curious to see what other people liked. There are a few that neither of us really likes that much already that we would take off the list, and some that don't sound that great with our last name. The funniest thing about the results is that one of the two top ones is one that I like that Josh doesn't and the other is one that Josh likes that I don't like that much. And the most popular ones are not the ones that I would have expected. Thanks for indulging my curiosity. It was more enlightening than I thought it would be. I don't know if it necessarily helped in our decision making process, but it is fun to see what other people think. Ultimately it will depend a lot on what this little guy is like personality wise once we meet him. We will narrow it down a lot before then of course.

3 comments:

Yomama said...

Hey sweets - you know I can't resist a comment.;-? I think it's dang funny that maybe half the list are names that I would consider last names. And, as funny as this may seem to both of you (though I know you won't be suprised AJ), I really like the idea of a formal name with a great nickname that springs from it. Go head, read between the lines! After all, where did "AJ" come from? If you can't guess what I'm thinking, well, we can always talk off the blog... Hugs, Yomama

Yomama said...

Okay, not half - just a few. Sorry. I'll get over it if you will.

Ch said...

Hey AJ and Josh:

I bet you I voted for the same names that Josh likes... We must be related blood related.
James and Cameron, James is my Grandfather's name on my mother's side. We loved him so much.
Josh had a really good friend in Oceanside that we both liked a lot with the name of Cameron. Ed and I have one James, but two James is okay. Also we have a Bennet, but two is good also. Just remember working together is best, you might like different names, but compromise is good. It makes happy families. Wives do not have to compromise always, Husbands need to do that also.......

Love,
MOM