I just wanted to show a funny picture of Stella in all her potty training glory. This was obviously taken just after she woke up, hence the pjs on the floor and her crazy bedhead.We started about a month ago (conference weekend) and had hoped to have her trained really fast. I attempted the "potty training in a day" method, but it hasn't gone that smoothly for us. She doesn't love going, but definitely knows that she doesn't like to have wet underpants. She is getting pretty good and doesn't have very many accidents anymore (none as far as the #2 goes, thank goodness). She is still getting the hang of what it feels like when she needs to go, so really Josh and I have to train ourselves to take her more frequently. Hopefully we will have it mostly down by the time baby#2 comes, but we'll see. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
3 comments:
I'm soo glad for you that she doesn't have #2 accidents...those are the worse! The first time we trained Christopher, I was trained and not him, so I decided it was time for diapers again...I didn't want to be the one trained...When it finally stuck for him to be the one who says he needs to go, he did great...I only tell him to go if we're leaving the house. He does have the occassional accident, but I make him dress himself (he still wants my help) and put the wet clothes in the laundry.
If I were you, I"d slowly spread out the time inbetween that you take her (unless you're goign somewhere) to try and get her to tell you when she needs to go.
we always did the potty dance! "Stella went, potty in the toilet, potty in the toilet, potty in the toilet!" Reid LOVED it. And that was all we needed to do, no bribery or sticker charts. though i know those work. also bubbles, if she likes them (what little kid doesn't?) are GREAT! she gets to blow them AFTER she goes potty. You can let her blow once if you remind her to go and more times if she tells you she needs to go.
my other advice is stay consistent. don't give! unless she absolutely hates it and is scared of it 9which it doesn't sound like it). sometimes if you keep pushing them when they hate it they will learn to always hate it (until they change).
i also recommend training her at night as well. i didn't with reid and now we're finally starting to. hopefully it won't be too difficult, he just needs to stop drinking before bedtime!
GOOD LUCK! it's always a fun experience.
I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to wish you luck! I hope you can get away with having only one child in diapers! I was potty trained by 19 months old when my little sister was born (although my mom said I reverted for a while right when she came home)...Good luck & here's to Stella's success!
Post a Comment