Thursday, September 23, 2010

awesome vs. Not awesome

Baby James


Two-year-old coloring on white bathroom door with bright blue crayon- not awesome

Four-year-old wanting to clean up scribbles without being asked while I fall asleep putting two and zero-year-olds down for a nap- Super awesome

Four-year-old spilling (some how?) too heavy bottle of bleach cleaning spray on her cute pants and carpet- really NOT awesome

Two very large bleached spots on carpet ruining that part of the carpet - really, really NOT awesome

Carpet with bleach spots not in my room in not my house- obviously NOT awesome. at. all

Four-year-old lying to me (for the first time!) about bleach on pants before bleached spots on carpet are found- make-me-want-to-cry NOT awesome


What I learned:

Don't trust that just because said four-year-old usually doesn't do naughty messy things while I nap with the younger ones, doesn't mean she won't.
Harmful cleaning supplies shouldn't be left where kids can reach them (duh!, I know), even if they are out of their space and have never messed with them before. 
Don't assume all the horrible messes are the two-year-old's fault.
My four-year-old is now old enough to know she doesn't want to get in trouble and might not be perfectly honest with me to get out of it.
Dad was actually very good not to lose it when we did things that ruined the carpet.

1 comment:

Emilie said...

yeah, not so awesome. oops. how sweet of her to want to clean it up. at least the floor is really clean :)