Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Spam Museum!

About a month ago, Stella and I went to the SPAM museum in Austin, MN (the Hormel headquarters and where SPAM was first made) with our friends the Burnetts. The boys were out of school for a day and needed to take their "Flat Kate" from their cousin to see some of the nearby sites. It was really fun, and very funny. We will definitely be going again would gladly take anyone that wants to see it.

Out in the front with the pigs. SPAM is made of ham and pork, so naturally they had a lot of pigs.
In front of the SPAM man with Brennan, Nathan, and Flat Kate.
This is made with I think 3,390 empty SPAM cans!

Stella at the counter of the SPAM Cafe. They had different recipes for different food types made with SPAM.Stella and the boys trying to lift a crate of SPAM.Trying by herself.By the army stuff. When SPAM was first made, it was very important to the military by giving the soldiers easily transportable meat.
Trying her hand at stuffing her own can of SPAM. They have a set up where you can time how fast you can stuff and wrap a few cans of SPAM. They even have the smocks and helmets for you to wear.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hmm. I don't think I've ever even tasted SPAM but I think it sounds gross. Were we deprived as kids? I doubt it! We'll have to come see it someday.