I just found out from my mom that our dear prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away this evening. He was such a great man, and did so much good for others and especially in the Church. Since he was the Prophet during so much of my life and during my major testimony building years, he has left such a great impact on me. So many of his teachings and example have helped me to grow in my own understanding of the Gospel. He will be greatly missed, but I know that he has probably had a very joyful reunion with his sweet wife. I am sure that the Lord has embraced him and brought him in saying "Well done thou good and faithful servant."
Sunday, January 27, 2008
We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet
I just found out from my mom that our dear prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away this evening. He was such a great man, and did so much good for others and especially in the Church. Since he was the Prophet during so much of my life and during my major testimony building years, he has left such a great impact on me. So many of his teachings and example have helped me to grow in my own understanding of the Gospel. He will be greatly missed, but I know that he has probably had a very joyful reunion with his sweet wife. I am sure that the Lord has embraced him and brought him in saying "Well done thou good and faithful servant."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We found out that our prophet passed away quietly at home while at Grandpa Lundskog's 80th birthday party. We will miss him. We surely love him and his family. His son in-law is my doctor here in Utah, James Pearce, Virginia Pearce, the prophet's oldest daughter. I am so glad that he was a wonderful influence i your life, AJ and Josh.
MOM
Could you possibly e-mail me your new address in Rochester, MN?! I am sending you a letter...
MOM Staley
Post a Comment