Wednesday, October 10, 2007

So Emilie tagged me a while ago, and I still haven't written my own meme (whatever that is).
Any way....

The rules are...
A. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B. Tag seven people to do the same.
C. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it".

1. As a kid I was EXTREMELY afraid of the dark. I used to run at full speed down the hallway to my room and literally jump up onto my bunk bed, just to avoid the underneath of my bed. It partly comes from the fact that I had a lot of nightmares as a kid and even what I would call night terrors. It probably also comes from the fact that movies influenced me a lot as a kid and I saw a couple of what I thought were really scary ones when I was way too young (IT, and another one that I swear was a Disney movie, probably wasn't really that scary, but it scared me to death, can't remember the name.) I still hate being in the dark alone and have to have a night light.

2. I taught gymnastics during high school. It was probably one of the best jobs ever. I never took any gymnastics classes, but kind of taught myself and learned from other teachers all the things I needed to teach. There were some very adorable kids (I taught kids ages 2-9) and it kept me in good shape. We stretched a lot and I had to help the kids with a lot of the stuff. Some of those kids were not very small either. It seemed like the biggest ones always needed the most help.

3. I was a cheerleader all through junior high and high school (5 years in all). I would like to think I was not the stereotypical cheerleader, but I'll let you be the judge of that. I have to say, that during that time I was in the best shape of my life. I was extremely flexible, very strong (one of my favorite moments was when my little sister wrote an article for the school paper about how cheerleading is actually pretty hard work. It was probably more of a tribute to me. My favorite quote went something like this: "My sister Andrea is a cheerleader and she is one of the buffest girls I know. And she doesn't lift weights, she lifts Beth Gartner (the girl who we tossed in the throws and stuff.)"), and pretty lean. I wish I still had those great toned arms and muscles and the nice muscled legs. (OK, I don't really boast about myself, but I really was pretty defined). Sorry that one ended up being a lot longer and more verbose than I meant it to be. Props if you read it all the way through and it made any sense.

4. I am kind of obsessed with having clean ears. It really bugs me when they are all grody and earwaxy. It is kind of gross, but I notice when other people have nasty, dirty ears. I know, gross huh.

5. I love baked goods. Muffins, bread, doughnuts, etc. I could never go on a completely no carb diet. I would seriously have withdrawals and major cravings. I crave them sometimes now and I eat carbs regularly. I will never be skinny.

6. I have the cutest little girl ever. OK, every parent says that, but she is just sooooo cute. Not only is she beautiful and charming, but she is so funny. She knows what life is all about and loves to make us laugh. Plus she charms everyone she sees with a cute little "Hi." and a huge grin. And she loves to give kisses and hugs. Even when she is ornery and in a bad mood she is cute (although, sometimes I don't feel very happy with her at those moments). Oh, and she dances. She has her own way of jamming to almost anything (her favorites are the washer and linkin park). She bobs her head, thrusts her hips backwards and forwards, and kind of jumps her feet up and down. It is seriously adorable.
(OK, so that one wasn't really about me, but she is kind of part of me.)

7. I don't have very much creativity, but I love other peoples' creativity. I know what looks good and appreciate the work and energy that it takes. I will never paint, write music, be a great photographer,etc, but I love taking advantage of others creativity. I am I guess what you could call a great appreciator of creativity. (But maybe I am really full of crap and don't know anything. Let me be deluded for a while anyway)

So here is my bunch of nothingness. I hope it wasn't total boredom to read.

Now I tag
Annie, Mom, Heidi, and Alisa (if you ever get time).
I know all of yours would be funny and very fun to read, so can't wait to see them.

6 comments:

Jed and Leona said...

I was recently informed from a well renowned doctor (De-bop Burton) that your brain only works on carbs so you HAVE to eat carbs in order for you to function...so, eat all the carbs you want!!!

Emilie said...

I would have to agree with the baked goods! I'm a big fan. And Leona, I'm glad they are "healthy"

Anonymous said...

I NEVER knew you were a cheerleader. I bet there is lot to still be learned about my sister-in-law. So now you have to come for Christmas - so we can get to know you:)

Ch said...

STella, please be so careful and obedient around your family car.
We want you to be alive for a long time. A little girl was run over on a Sunday a month ago in Riverton by a sports utility van.
We love your smile, girl.

A.J. you are talented, we appreciate your talents in our family and love you for what you are.

Love,
Ed and Cheryl Staley

Yomama said...

Because I can't remember and I want to make sure it wasn't me, Alisa wrote that cheerleading article right?
I don't think i have the writing ability to write that, but it does sound firmiliar...
love
melanie

Alisa F. said...

Yeah right Mel. That was all me. :)